BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not allowed

So, a few week ago my dog Dually, who is kinda a freak of nature, got out of the house at night, if we don't shut our side door just right, he can twist it and open it. So, when we woke up on Sunday morning and he was gone. We searched all over the neighborhood and could not find him. So bright and early on Monday I went down to Animal services. And low and behold there is my dog in "doggie jail" as we like to call it at our house. Well, the next thing you know I have two dogs. I saw this other little white lab and well, I am a sucker for puppy eyes. He is a three year old yellow lab that we named tommy. He loves to chase his tail, fetch, and skateboard with Justin. As for me, I am never allowed to go to Animal services again. Justin is now in charge of picking up any of the animals should they ever make it to Animal jail again.
Here is another funny story about our Animal house. Dually our seven year old lab, is what they call a block head lab...that means he is really big and looks like he is part mastiff. He weighs in at 135 pounds. So we are at the vet for an ear infection, and the doc starts talking about his weight. Guess what he had to say. My dog is obese, not just fat....obese. I did not even know a dog could be obese. So we have a weight management plan and exercise plan. Hilarious.

7 comments:

Krissy said...

Hooray for Tommy! I'm glad he found a good home! He seems like a really sweet dog! I can't even go to "doggie jail" it makes me so sad I bawl - Good for you that You only brought home one more addition to your family. So, don't feel bad that Dually is obese. My cat is way chubby. I call her fluffy to spare her feelings. She weighs 13 pounds. It was a triumphant day when Mikade weighed more than The Meowz. How long have you had Dually? I'm pretty sure I remember him. You should show us pictures of your puppies!!!

Beth said...

That's so funny! That would totally be me, although I don't know that Ryan would be all that great at resisting another puppy either... You do need to share pictures!! Good luck with the weight management program ;) lol

Jill said...

That is so funny that you brought home another dog. You are totally a sucker! J/K. It is way sad to see the poor dogs trapped in there. Who knows, you might have just saved his life too. Tommy is a very cute name.

Jenny and Jon said...

Oh that's cute you must post a picture soon. Have you seen the movie year of the dog with Molly Shannon? It's good. I love dually, I know he's big but that's just it he's always been big. I find it hard to believe that he's actually obese. I guess it's good to get him healthy though.

~Lauren said...

Oh man..I'm a sucker for those pound puppies too! That is really sweet that you took him in..and he has a playmate in Dually! Try the weight watchers desserts for Dually..if he is losing weight at least it should taste great..isn't that the slogan? I don't know :) apparently it worked for Kirstie Alley!HAHA :)

Spillane Creative said...

Oh I would have done the same thing! One of these days Johnny is going to come home from one of his trips to find another animal living at our house!. I just found your blog from Jenny's. Cant wait to see you in June.

hilary

Melissa said...

Last time I had to go to "kitty jail" was to turn in my cat, Fletcher, in for biting. It was so sad :(. They had to put him to sleep because he was starting to get too aggresive and draw blood, even on the kids!!! I couldn't even go in where the cages were because I would have picked up a replacement right then and there (just like Beth and I going to Target in college and bringing home a dog someone was giving away - he still lives at her parents house I think!). We told the kids Fletcher went to see his kitty family because he missed his mom (which might be true!). But Fletcher was obese too! He was the biggest cat anyone had ever seen...really weird! Maybe he was diabetic or something and it went to his brain. Anyway, moral of the story, I think it's great you are taking such good care of your dogs, I mean, how do you know your dog has an ear infection in the first place? Good job and have fun with the new baby!